Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Break

    This is our last week of classes here at Ohio Northern before we go on Thanksgiving break for a full week. Playing basketball my whole life, I have never been able to enjoy a full Thanksgiving or Christmas break but I need this break badly this year. I don't say that in a bad way, but I have only been able to go home for a total of four days this entire school year. I will only be home for three days on Thanksgiving, but I am going to cherish every second of it. 

    I have enjoyed my senior year a ton so far, but there have been stressful times throughout, just like every year. Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite times of the year, especially since I started college. I love coming home to all my family and friends and having everyone together in one room. Being at college, I rarely get to see my family and friends. I am not sure what we will do this year, but I am always excited to see what it brings. Of course, food is one of my favorite parts also. I can always count on my mother to make some fantastic food for all of us. 

    If you are struggling right now with seasonal depression, just keep pushing. The semester is close to an end, and Christmas is quickly approaching!

Comments

  1. Hi Adam! I remember my basketball days and not being able to enjoy Thanksgiving break fully. I also love Thanksgiving because I get to see my family that I only get to see a few times a year. Good Luck with all of your final senior activities and basketball season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I can understand how you feel. I see most of my family weekly, but my brother is coming home from Florida for the week and I can't wait to see him and catch up with the rest of my family. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

The Season Begins

     It is here, my senior year of college basketball. Typing that first sentence is already emotional and it is just getting started. Every day when I wake up, I tell myself, "just enjoy the ride," and it keeps me going. Not many people get the chance to play a game they love for an extra four years with great people, so I cherish it every morning. I remember playing my first ever basketball over 12 years ago, and now I am in my last go around, time flies.      We officially began practice on October 15th, and have already had a scrimmage. It is crazy to think how fast my senior year of college basketball came along, but I wouldn't trade friends and memories for anything in the world. This year, we got a new coaching staff and it has been amazing so far, and we have made great progress. Everyone loves each other, has bought in and is doing their role, which is amazing to be a part of. I am beyond excited to see how this season goes, and no matter what happ...