Skip to main content

The Place to Be

    If you are a sports fan, Cleveland is the place to be right now. Writing that first sentence makes me extremely happy because I have been a die-hard Cleveland sports fan for 22 years now. Trust me, during those 22 years there has been plenty of ugly and not as many smiles. Outside of the Cavaliers winning the NBA championship in 2016, there hasn't been a lot of positives for Cleveland sports fan, but that has finally changed. 

    First, let's talk about the Cleveland Browns. We all know about them, mostly bad, but that seems to be changed. They are currently 1-0 with one of the best rosters in the NFL. Outside of that, they also signed their future franchise quarterback to a big-time contract. Also, they have one of the best running backs, offensive linemen, and defensive linemen in the whole entire league. For me, this is an exciting time to be a Cleveland Brown fan, especially to see what the future holds for them. I can't pick a favorite Cleveland sports team, but if I had to, it may be the Cleveland Browns.

    Next, is the Cleveland Guardians, and yes I hate the name. These guys are beyond fun to watch, all while being the youngest team in the MLB. I usually try to watch parts of every game and I always check the final box score. The Guardians currently lead their division and hold a great spot in the upcoming playoffs. Every year, the Guardians are always competing and right there and a lot of that is because of Terry Francona. Baseball season can be long, but once September rolls around, it starts to get real and we see who is playing the best baseball. Hopefully, it is the year of the Guardians!

Lastly, the Cleveland Cavaliers. I saved them for last because it is not currently basketball season. Although it is not basketball season, the Cavs have been making huge moves for the upcoming season. These moves include acquiring all-star guard Donovan Mitchell from the Utah Jazz. Just like the Browns and Guardians, the Cavs are also the youngest team in the NBA. This summer has been a blast if you are a Cleveland sports fan. The future is incredibly bright for all three of these teams, and the city of Cleveland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

The Season Begins

     It is here, my senior year of college basketball. Typing that first sentence is already emotional and it is just getting started. Every day when I wake up, I tell myself, "just enjoy the ride," and it keeps me going. Not many people get the chance to play a game they love for an extra four years with great people, so I cherish it every morning. I remember playing my first ever basketball over 12 years ago, and now I am in my last go around, time flies.      We officially began practice on October 15th, and have already had a scrimmage. It is crazy to think how fast my senior year of college basketball came along, but I wouldn't trade friends and memories for anything in the world. This year, we got a new coaching staff and it has been amazing so far, and we have made great progress. Everyone loves each other, has bought in and is doing their role, which is amazing to be a part of. I am beyond excited to see how this season goes, and no matter what happ...