Skip to main content

Christmas is Soon Approaching

    Yes, I said it, Christmas is soon approaching. It is crazy to believe that it is already almost November. As I have gotten older, I feel as if time goes even faster. It seems like just last week I had guys over on the basketball team and we were celebrating the New Year of 2021 and now it is almost Christmas. 

    Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, not just because it is the longest break I get from academics and athletics but also because I get to cherish the time with my family, dressed up, sitting around the fireplace and opening presents and just enjoying the time we get with each other. Christmas became my favorite holiday when I was a young kid and still believed in Santa Claus. I would always cherish going to church on Christmas Eve and then coming home after and all my cookies and milk were gone and the presents were suddenly under the tree. Those moments right there are ones I will cherish forever and ones that make me so excited to do with my own family someday. As I type this blog, I always get a little sad because it is crazy how fast the time flies and how much we take those times for granted, but I still understand how incredibly blessed I am for the life I have been given. 

    Another one of my favorite parts of Christmas is also seeing the snow on the ground and seeing all the beautiful lights hanging around my neighborhood and my mom making her famous food. We used to have a tradition every Christmas and we would all get together on both sides of my family and go to Columbus and stay in a hotel for a whole weekend. All the girls would go out and shop and all the guys would go out and do things that guys do, go out to eat, race go karts, and all that other fun stuff. 

    In all, never take the time for granted, especially the time you get home with your family, because it will all be gone in the blink of an eye. 

Comments

  1. Christmas is also my favorite holiday. I love how happy people get around Christmas, especially when they get time off work and have next to no responsibilities. I also like winter in general. Snow and all the related activities that come with it. Snow is always pretty to look at and makes the world so quiet. It is nice to just sit outside in the near silence due to how much snow dampens sound.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

Using Pinterest to it's Advantage

    Pinterest can be a great app that you can use to your advantage, not only for yourself but your business included. Pinterest is a visual-pinboard-style social sharing network where people can discover and save ideas. It is a great way to get better ideas for yourself and ways you can improve your company.      This app was founded in 2009 and has blown up since then and only continues to get bigger. For example, it now has over 459 million monthly users and over 240 billion pins on the app, so there is plenty of ideas out there. Next, you can use Pinterest to make business accounts, which will include a profile picture, about section, business locations and then you can add pins to your board whenever you want to help grow your business. Not only can you promote your business but you can also provide different tutorials about how things work and can better explain it. Your "about you" section is the most important part of your page because that is where peop...