Skip to main content

Chapter 1-7

    After finishing our midterm in this class, I feel as if it can be a good time to talk about the first seven chapters and the things I have learned about social media. I am actually taking this class because I decided to pick up social media as a minor and I am beyond glad I did it because I thoroughly enjoy learning about different aspects in social media. This is something that really sparked my interest because I feel like the whole world is ran by social media and cellphones. 

    Through the first half of this class so far we have learned about all the main social media apps. These include: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. I enjoyed learning about all of them but my favorite was Twitter and that is because it is my favorite app and I also feel as if it is the best app to promote yourself and your business. Twitter is the app I have had the longest so I enjoyed hearing some information about it that I have never heard. For example, that your username can only be 15 characters or the fact that tweets used to be only 140 characters. In reality, all these apps are good to promote yourself, including even Snapchat, but I feel as if Twitter is the best one. Facebook is the most common app used among people of all ages, including the older age too. You can use Instagram for many things including sharing other posts on your "Instagram story" which can be very successful. 

    Nowadays to be a successful business person, you almost have to use social media. Not only for yourself, but for your company or business, it can be a great way to promote and share. If you do not feel comfortable with this, there is plenty of resources out there that can help you grow, do not be afraid to ask!

    

Comments

  1. Hello,

    I liked how you summarized all the chapters we have covered in the book so far. I also have a strong interest in social media and continuing that into my future career which is why I picked up a Public Relations major where social media can be so prominent. I agree this class is a huge stepping stone to help us continue to grasp the idea of social media. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a good wrap up of the first seven chapters of the book. I am also glad I took this course. Prior to this course I never really used social media much, so it is interesting to see all the features of each platform. I had also never really considered the people that designed the ads that are displayed on each platform. In general, I don’t see many ads because of ad blockers, but I have also gotten pretty good at tuning out the ads I do see. During this class I’ve gained a new appreciation of ads and take more time to look at them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

Music Cures All

     At a young age I fell in love with music and have never looked back. I remember being a young kid and always asking for an iPod so I could download a bunch of music. Always having my headphones in before my travel basketball and football games and just enjoying it. Back then, I just wanted to look cool and didn't truly understand music like I do now. Music helps me with everything including basketball, school, anxiety and just relaxing, it is great.      I listen to music anytime I can, especially when relaxing or working out. I like to experiment so I truly like a lot of different genres and songs, but if I had to pick one forever it will always be rap. Over the last year I started listening to an artist called Rod Wave and haven't stopped listening to him since. The main reason I always listen to him is because I feel like we relate on a lot of stuff and he puts his true feelings into his songs so it is real and relaxing. I have always liked country ...