Skip to main content

Building Through Facebook

    During our class this week, we learned a lot of Facebook and different things you can do through it and how they are important. We learned some knowledge about some of the data dealing with Facebook and different ways people use it.

    For example, we talked about the Urban, Suburban and Rural users and Urban was the highest at 73% and average income was between 30,000 and 75,000. It is crazy looking at some of the data about Facebook but when you think about the number of people that have Facebook and how long it is has been around, it seems realistic. I always feel like Facebook is very popular because a lot more older people have it, especially for family purposes. 

    One big item we talked about was building an audience through Facebook because of how popular it is. For example, 350 million pictures are uploaded to timelines every day on Facebook which is absurd when you think about it. Building an audience is huge for social media presence, the more you can get your things seen, the better you are going to be. Keep posts to 140 characters or less so you don't lose people's interest for being so long and don't make it to short either to the point that you don't get your point across. Using pictures and videos will also lead you to higher engagement, which is why you see most big pages using pictures and videos with there captions and not just captions only, it spikes engagement which is important as anything. My brother being a real estate broker and using his business Facebook page a lot, I know how important him getting engagement is. I know one of the biggest things he does is inviting tons of people to like his page including other realtors and past customers that he has worked with. 

Comments

  1. That’s interesting about how your brother uses Facebook. I had not thought about the fact that service-based businesses would use Facebook to market themselves. In class I usually think about businesses trying to sell products, like clothes or toys. I think Facebook is a really good platform for marketing local services. Facebook users tend to use real names and share a lot about themselves, so the human connection can help. Other platforms tend to be more anonymous, so they are probably better for selling products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1-7

    After finishing our midterm in this class, I feel as if it can be a good time to talk about the first seven chapters and the things I have learned about social media. I am actually taking this class because I decided to pick up social media as a minor and I am beyond glad I did it because I  thoroughly enjoy learning about different aspects in social media. This is something that really sparked my interest because I feel like the whole world is ran by social media and cellphones.      Through the first half of this class so far we have learned about all the main social media apps. These include: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. I enjoyed learning about all of them but my favorite was Twitter and that is because it is my favorite app and I also feel as if it is the best app to promote yourself and your business. Twitter is the app I have had the longest so I enjoyed hearing some information about it that I have never heard. For examp...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

First Game, First Win

    Last night, we opened up with the first game of our season and the first game of my senior season. We traveled to Oberlin College which is close to the Cleveland area. Since it is closer to Cleveland, it was a long bus ride. The whole bus ride, it really hit me that my senior season is beginning and potentially the last season of my competitive basketball career. Besides that, I knew that this was a huge game, especially being on the road for our first game, it is never easy. I won't lie, I felt very confident about our chances going into the game.      We arrived at Oberlin, and the butterflies began to hit me for the first time in a long time. A new coach, senior season, high expectations, and the first game all added up to some nervousness. This game was a huge game for us if we want to change the culture of Ohio Northern Basketball. The ball tipped up and the game began. We definitely came out as I expected; a little sloppy but also nervous and hesitant....