Skip to main content

First Game, First Win

    Last night, we opened up with the first game of our season and the first game of my senior season. We traveled to Oberlin College which is close to the Cleveland area. Since it is closer to Cleveland, it was a long bus ride. The whole bus ride, it really hit me that my senior season is beginning and potentially the last season of my competitive basketball career. Besides that, I knew that this was a huge game, especially being on the road for our first game, it is never easy. I won't lie, I felt very confident about our chances going into the game. 

    We arrived at Oberlin, and the butterflies began to hit me for the first time in a long time. A new coach, senior season, high expectations, and the first game all added up to some nervousness. This game was a huge game for us if we want to change the culture of Ohio Northern Basketball. The ball tipped up and the game began. We definitely came out as I expected; a little sloppy but also nervous and hesitant. This is expected, especially with the first game in a brand-new system that we are all adapting to. Once halftime arrived, we were down by one point and I still felt very confident. The second half was a lot better and we got rolling as the game went on. We ended up making a run and went on to win the game, 62-58. It was a huge sigh of relief to get a big win on the road in a hostile environment. It felt great, but it means nothing. It is a long season ahead and we have to continue to work hard every day to reach our potential. 

Comments

  1. Adam, Congrats on the win to start the season! I always love going to basketball games and I am extremely excited to attend this year. Good luck this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam, I understand why you were nervous with it being your senior season and having a new coach. I have never watched the ONU men's basketball team. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

Using Pinterest to it's Advantage

    Pinterest can be a great app that you can use to your advantage, not only for yourself but your business included. Pinterest is a visual-pinboard-style social sharing network where people can discover and save ideas. It is a great way to get better ideas for yourself and ways you can improve your company.      This app was founded in 2009 and has blown up since then and only continues to get bigger. For example, it now has over 459 million monthly users and over 240 billion pins on the app, so there is plenty of ideas out there. Next, you can use Pinterest to make business accounts, which will include a profile picture, about section, business locations and then you can add pins to your board whenever you want to help grow your business. Not only can you promote your business but you can also provide different tutorials about how things work and can better explain it. Your "about you" section is the most important part of your page because that is where peop...