Skip to main content

New Changes, New Progress

    Sometimes in life, changes are needed. Changes are always happening in life, whether for better or worse. You may not realize it, but every single you are making changes and choices that are impacting yourself and your future. Over the last year, I have had significant changes in my life and career, mostly good. When these changes happen, it is key that you adapt to them and figure out the best way to move forward. 

    A significant change occurred last winter for our men's basketball program. After over six years, our head coach decided to part ways and leave the program. When you are around that person daily for three years, that is a huge change to yourself and the program. When we got the news, it was shocking, but we knew we couldn't dwell on it because it was time for a brand-new start. After the announcement, the search for a new coaching staff began immediately and we were on the prowl for the best fit possible for our program. Ohio Northern is prestige basketball program with a lot of rich history, including a National Title in 1993 with Coach Joe Campoli, so getting the right coach was a huge deal. 

    After months of searching and going through the interview process, we decided on Neal Young from Covenant College in Tennessee. Coach Young has been nothing short of fantastic so far and has completely changed our culture. Along with Coach Young, he brought aboard Jon Tropf from Goshen College in Indiana who has great knowledge of the game and is a family man. Change can be scary, but looking back at it, I am very glad. It will take time, but I believe our program and culture are moving forward in the right direction and I can't wait to put Ohio Northern back on the map. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

Using Pinterest to it's Advantage

    Pinterest can be a great app that you can use to your advantage, not only for yourself but your business included. Pinterest is a visual-pinboard-style social sharing network where people can discover and save ideas. It is a great way to get better ideas for yourself and ways you can improve your company.      This app was founded in 2009 and has blown up since then and only continues to get bigger. For example, it now has over 459 million monthly users and over 240 billion pins on the app, so there is plenty of ideas out there. Next, you can use Pinterest to make business accounts, which will include a profile picture, about section, business locations and then you can add pins to your board whenever you want to help grow your business. Not only can you promote your business but you can also provide different tutorials about how things work and can better explain it. Your "about you" section is the most important part of your page because that is where peop...