Skip to main content

The Season Begins

    On October 6th, my teammates and I will head to Case Western Reserve in Cleveland to kick-off our 2021-2022 basketball season. To say I am excited, anxious and nervous would be an understatement. We have had this day marked on the calendar since the end of our season last year and we are very motivated. 

    I come into the year as junior, along with five other juniors and I feel confident especially with the veteran leadership we will have this year. We will be starting four juniors and one senior and that is very helpful with the amount of experience between all of us. The preseason has been an absolute grind, like always, but hopefully it all pays off when we tip the ball off this Saturday night. A lot of us are sore and beat up right now, but that always happens during the preseason. We will play St. John Fisher out of New York on Saturday, and they are a very good team which will be a great challenge for us. We will play Sunday no matter what, but it all depends if we win or lose Saturday on who we will play that day. 

    It is a big year for all of us and especially for the future of the next people to come. Having a good season can make Ohio Northern University a powerhouse for basketball in the future, and we have the potential to do it. We know exactly what we need to do this season and we are going to accomplish it, but it all starts as a team, just like anything else in life. We have great friendships and a brotherhood inside of our locker room and we just need to put it all together. Go Bears!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

Using Pinterest to it's Advantage

    Pinterest can be a great app that you can use to your advantage, not only for yourself but your business included. Pinterest is a visual-pinboard-style social sharing network where people can discover and save ideas. It is a great way to get better ideas for yourself and ways you can improve your company.      This app was founded in 2009 and has blown up since then and only continues to get bigger. For example, it now has over 459 million monthly users and over 240 billion pins on the app, so there is plenty of ideas out there. Next, you can use Pinterest to make business accounts, which will include a profile picture, about section, business locations and then you can add pins to your board whenever you want to help grow your business. Not only can you promote your business but you can also provide different tutorials about how things work and can better explain it. Your "about you" section is the most important part of your page because that is where peop...