Skip to main content

First Weekend Recap

    As we traveled back from Case Western Reserve in Cleveland this Sunday, I had time to recap and also process how our opening weekend for basketball went. We knew heading up to Cleveland on Saturday morning that we were guaranteed two games, no matter what happened. If we win Saturday, we are in the championship, but if we lose we are in the consolation. 

    We left Ada around 11:30 Saturday morning and on the way to Cleveland we stopped at an Olive Garden for a pregame meal, and to say I was excited was an understatement, I was beyond ready for the breadsticks. After Olive Garden, we headed to our hotel to get settled in for the weekend and had a little bit before we headed to our first game. We arrived at the gym for our game around 4:30 and begin preparing. We knew coming into this game that it would not be easy, as we were facing St John Fishers from New York and they were coming off a very successful season, so we had to be ready. The ball tipped and we took over from there, as we dominated the whole game. They had a preseason All-American and we held him to only 11 points and he shot very bad from the court. 

    Winning on Saturday meant that we were in the championship on Sunday against a very good team from Wisconsin, we knew it would be a challenge. We arrived at the gym at 1:30 on Sunday and we were locked in on getting a championship. The ball tipped up and it was a very slow start to the game for both teams, as the score was 5-0 six minutes into the game. They pulled away by 16 to end the first half, but we came out in the second half and had a very hard fight and kept the close the whole time. Unfortunately, we ended up losing 67-52, but we were still happy with the second half and always happy with the opportunity we have to learn from this game. 

Go Bears! 

Comments

  1. Adam! Congratulations on making it the championship game! I know it wasn't the result you guys wanted but by the sound of it you guys put up a fight to win. It's exciting basketball season is getting back in full swing and you guys will be playing every week now! I'm happy I finally get to attend some games this year since last year it was difficult to get tickets. I can't wait to come and cheer you guys on! I wish you the best of luck this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting to play in the championship game, Adam! I loved how you included your pregame meal with your team. When I played volleyball in high school, we always went to Buffalo Wild Wings for our pregame meals and it was honestly the best part of the night! Nothing beats team bonding haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the classroom, I am always glad to be back. I feel as if I have

Music Cures All

    Music cures everything in life. Sometimes I truly wonder what I would do without music. I use music every time I drive, work out, or even just around the house to help me focus. Not only does it help me focus, but it can help me get through a tough or confusing time in life. There are some days when I just put my headphones in and just block out all of the outside noise in life, and it works every time.      To me, all genres can be good, depending on the situation. If you are only listening to one genre, I feel as if you are limiting yourself. When I am working out it is usually rap or rock, but when I want to let loose, it can be country or electronic music. I listen to all genres of music on a daily basis but the old-school hard rock will always be my favorite. Old school rock is great and my dad grew up on it, so he introduced me to it. When I listen to it, I think about how much different life was back then and how much fun they had together and I wish it could be like that so

The Season Begins

     It is here, my senior year of college basketball. Typing that first sentence is already emotional and it is just getting started. Every day when I wake up, I tell myself, "just enjoy the ride," and it keeps me going. Not many people get the chance to play a game they love for an extra four years with great people, so I cherish it every morning. I remember playing my first ever basketball over 12 years ago, and now I am in my last go around, time flies.      We officially began practice on October 15th, and have already had a scrimmage. It is crazy to think how fast my senior year of college basketball came along, but I wouldn't trade friends and memories for anything in the world. This year, we got a new coaching staff and it has been amazing so far, and we have made great progress. Everyone loves each other, has bought in and is doing their role, which is amazing to be a part of. I am beyond excited to see how this season goes, and no matter what happens, I will for