Skip to main content

2021 Homecoming Football Game

    The 2021 Homecoming week at Ohio Northern University has come and gone again and it was one to remember. The most memorable event during this week was the football game I attended at Dial-Robertson Stadium between Marietta and Ohio Northern. All of my teammates and I attended the game and we had a blast cheering on the Polar Bears!

    This matchup between Ohio Northern and Marietta is what I did for my Live Tweeting Assignment and I enjoyed doing this and having fun with the social media impact on Twitter. For this assignment we had to live tweet an event during Homecoming week and I chose to do this. I had a visual, a retweet and then I shared my tweets and updates about the game on my Twitter account and this was a great way to get used to the social media side of things. I let my followers on Twitter know a day before the game what I would be doing and what I would be tweeting about and then 15 minutes before kickoff I tried to set the scene and what was happening. I tweeted updates until halftime and enjoyed watching the game at the same time. 

    It was indeed a crazy game and Ohio Northern brought home the win 34-33 on a last second touchdown by Austin Eick. The game started out very slow which included a score of 7-3 at halftime and then the tables turned after that and it became a very high scoring game. Ohio Northern was led by quarterback Brody Hahn with 4 touchdowns and Austin Eick who had three receiving touchdowns. The Polar Bear football team is very exciting to watch and have a great team this season including being 4-1 going into a bye week for Fall Break. It was awesome to be able to attend the game with other fellow students and to see the crowd on hand to support our University was truly amazing.

    I had a blast doing this assignment and I would do it over again if we had too. It was fun to be behind the screen on Twitter and see first-hand what goes into live tweeting during an event. Go Bears!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

First Game, First Win

    Last night, we opened up with the first game of our season and the first game of my senior season. We traveled to Oberlin College which is close to the Cleveland area. Since it is closer to Cleveland, it was a long bus ride. The whole bus ride, it really hit me that my senior season is beginning and potentially the last season of my competitive basketball career. Besides that, I knew that this was a huge game, especially being on the road for our first game, it is never easy. I won't lie, I felt very confident about our chances going into the game.      We arrived at Oberlin, and the butterflies began to hit me for the first time in a long time. A new coach, senior season, high expectations, and the first game all added up to some nervousness. This game was a huge game for us if we want to change the culture of Ohio Northern Basketball. The ball tipped up and the game began. We definitely came out as I expected; a little sloppy but also nervous and hesitant....