Skip to main content

Chapter 2 - Principles of Social Media

 We are now onto the second week of Principles of Social Media which means we are now into Chapter 2. Learning about personal branding was very important and needed because it is all about yourself and that is huge when trying to get your name out there. It is the biggest step that we can use to separate ourselves from our competition and other peers. 

Learning about the nine big steps we can use in our personal branding is a huge learning point. For example, always starting off by identifying your target audience is huge, you need to know who you want to talk to and then how you want to go about talking to them. Determining your values, passion, vision, goals are all huge steps in personal branding. Not only are those big steps in personal branding, but I also think they are huge in life too. You should always try to know your values and passions and the goals you have. I know my passion is basketball and I know my goals that I want to accomplish in basketball so I believe it can go hand in hand with personal branding. 

Also, you need to get your name out there as much as you can, so buy using personal branding online that will have get your name online and out there. You want to audit your personal brand as much as possible. Another great way to get your name out there and build your personal brand is Twitter and LinkedIn, and I currently have both of them and use them both for that purpose. I personally like LinkedIn a lot, especially because I can connect with so many people that are in my profession of marketing. I do not use twitter as much as LinkedIn for branding but I have recently got into it more and followed some really good people with good advice in field of study. 

Comments

  1. I completely agree with what you are saying about putting yourself out there. How you brand yourself online can truly set you apart from the rest. There is also strategies on how you can get your name out there and how you can brand yourself and I liked how you walked through some of these steps. Putting your name out there and getting well known takes a lot of work and I liked how you stressed there are steps to take when doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that covering the importance of building a personal brand was super important and even necessary. As students, building a personal brand is a great way to begin establishing ourselves as professionals and growing our network. I like that you not only highlight the importance of having a personal brand, but you also go into some detail on how to develop your personal brand. Your post was super informational and a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, great stuff man! I gained a lot of information from this blog. I honestly agree 100% about getting your name out there as much as possible because I go by a saying "closed mouths don't get fed" meaning if you aren't going to put yourself out there like you should, then you wont have much success when being a content creator. Loved the blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back on Campus

    After a much needed time off from athletics and academics, it is great to be back on campus. I was very thrilled to go home for a couple of long days. I wasn't only happy to go home because it was first time home in a month, but also because it will be last time home till Thanksgiving. We start our first week of practice this Friday and once that starts it is almost impossible to go home, so I made sure to enjoy my break.             I have always cherished my time I get when I am back home because you never know what can happen and when it could be your last time. That sounds very straight-forward but is the reality of life. As I stated, we start our basketball season this week and I am beyond focused and ready to start my third year on the basketball court. I am especially excited this year because I know the potential this team has this season especially since we are a lot older and more experienced now.      In the...

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

First Game, First Win

    Last night, we opened up with the first game of our season and the first game of my senior season. We traveled to Oberlin College which is close to the Cleveland area. Since it is closer to Cleveland, it was a long bus ride. The whole bus ride, it really hit me that my senior season is beginning and potentially the last season of my competitive basketball career. Besides that, I knew that this was a huge game, especially being on the road for our first game, it is never easy. I won't lie, I felt very confident about our chances going into the game.      We arrived at Oberlin, and the butterflies began to hit me for the first time in a long time. A new coach, senior season, high expectations, and the first game all added up to some nervousness. This game was a huge game for us if we want to change the culture of Ohio Northern Basketball. The ball tipped up and the game began. We definitely came out as I expected; a little sloppy but also nervous and hesitant....