Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Break

    We have all arrived back on campus this week after Thanksgiving break and have three more weeks until Christmas and the end of the semester, time is flying. Thanksgiving is great, but it falls second behind Christmas for my favorite holiday. Nothing beats the snow on the ground, cold weather and presents underneath tree, but maybe I am bias. 
    
    Back to the subject, it was beyond great to be able to go home and see my family and relax from the academics. Last week was my first time home in over six weeks because of basketball, so it felt even better to be going home. Even though I am only thirty-five minutes away from home, it is still very hard for me to make it home, especially playing a sport during college. When I do get the opportunity to go home, I have never taken it for granted, and never will. Also, my brother and his wife got a dog last summer, so going back home is even sweeter and better now.

    My favorite part of being home last week was when my family all got together on Thanksgiving day and we just had a great time. We relaxed, talked, and just enjoyed each other's presence. We played games, played pool, and even went downtown and had some food and drinks. It is always nice when you can get family together over the holidays because it has always made me relax and makes me just slow down and enjoy the little things in life. Happy Holidays!

Comments

  1. Getting a break from academics over break was incredible. That’s awesome that your brother and his wife got a dog. Pets are one of the best parts of going back home. It’s always hard leaving them behind for a couple weeks at a time, but getting back and saying hi for the first time in forever is also fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Guardiac Kids

    The Guardiac kids, also known as the Cleveland Guardians, were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league this year. A team made up of the lowest payroll, lowest experience and the youngest team in the league made the second round of the playoffs and took the "best" team in baseball to a final game in the American League Division Series, before losing last night. I watched over 50 games this year, and every game had so much life and excitement to it.      This past Sunday night, I attended game 4 against the New York Yankees in Cleveland and it was an experience of a lifetime. I got free tickets and a parking pass and had fantastic seats for a chance to watch history. We arrived early and explored beautiful downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is a place I have always loved and enjoyed being there and exploring. Once in the stadium, it was so great to be back. The smell of baseball was in the air, and it was contagious. With over 38,000 people in attenda...

Can YouTube be More than Entertainment?

    Discussing and learning about YouTube has been fun and also informative. It has been fun learning about YouTube because I am an addict and always watch videos on it. I love YouTube because you can watch and find anything you need. Whether it is life advice, music videos or content creators. For example, I watch Danny Duncan and The Nelk Boys all the time and it is great. But, can YouTube be used for more than entertainment?     For example, YouTube is a fantastic way to promote yourself and your business, especially with amount of active users on YouTube. Everyone starts somewhere, everyone starts with zero subscribers, it is all about what you do with that. My freshman year of basketball at Ohio Northern University, I played against a guy named D'Vontay Friga from The University of Mount Union and he is YouTube famous now with over 600,000 subscribers and makes a living of promoting himself and his brand. His brand slogan is "Stay Motivated, Stay Positive" and h...

Music Cures All

     At a young age I fell in love with music and have never looked back. I remember being a young kid and always asking for an iPod so I could download a bunch of music. Always having my headphones in before my travel basketball and football games and just enjoying it. Back then, I just wanted to look cool and didn't truly understand music like I do now. Music helps me with everything including basketball, school, anxiety and just relaxing, it is great.      I listen to music anytime I can, especially when relaxing or working out. I like to experiment so I truly like a lot of different genres and songs, but if I had to pick one forever it will always be rap. Over the last year I started listening to an artist called Rod Wave and haven't stopped listening to him since. The main reason I always listen to him is because I feel like we relate on a lot of stuff and he puts his true feelings into his songs so it is real and relaxing. I have always liked country ...